Spring Cleaning

Spring is in the air. It is getting warmer,the flowers are blossoming and my allergies are acting up! I love Spring because it means that it is the end of the Winter. No more cold days, no more cold nights. Just beautiful sunny days to enjoy outdoor activities. I love Spring because it is a preview for Summer. You can predict how hot a summer can be by going through spring. And let me tell you that in Houston, it is already hot in March.
Some people enjoy outdoor activities in Spring. I, myself enjoy walking in beautiful parks, or lazily baking under the sun next to my pool or Galveston beach. But my favorite activity of Spring is cleaning my closet.
By cleaning, you may think that I scrub and vacuum my already messy closet. But no! By cleaning I mean that I put my winter clothes away (in my very old suitcase) and put the summery clothes out. I love this activity because it allows me to discover once again all the wonderful colorful outfits that I stashed away. I usually put them on and check myself in front of the mirror. Or I just coordinate them to see how I can wear them in a different way this season. Sadly, I also check the clothes that I can no longer wear because they are either too outdated, or too old, or just do not fit me anymore. It is heartbreaking to get rid of the clothes I love. However, I do not cry over them for hours. I just pack them in a oversize bag and put them away for my next trip home. I know some people back there, who will enjoy them better than I did in spite of their poor condition.
After cleaning all the winter clothes, and organize my closet, arranging the summer clothes in material or color order, I start assessing what I need for the Spring Summer season. A few years back my Spring-Summer must have list would have included lots of colorful cotton or shimery tops, two to three pairs of jeans, two cargo pants, and flats colorful sandals. Nowadays, I changed my way of dressing a bit. So for this season here are the items that I may need:

1 Floor length print dress with sleeves.
In the past, I could not care less whether or not my summer dresses covered some parts of my body. I liked them short and with spaghetti straps. However, as I grew older (and became a Mommy), I became more conscious of my body. I do not mind showing some legs, but I need something to cover my arms and shoulders. That is why I have been looking for the perfect dress. And I cannot find it anywhere. Either they have sleeves and they are short or they do not have sleeves and they are long. I am becoming desperate. I like Old Navy printed dresses but they are tube dresses. They will not be very flattering on my flat chest. And I am scared that they will fall and reveal my breasts to the rest of the world.

So I am still on my quest for the perfect dress. Let us hope I will find it soon

2 White linen pantsLinen pants are so good for summer because they are in a breathable fabric. And if you find the kind that does not wrinkle, you are in heaven. I used to own a pair of pink linen pants (I still have them although they are a bit old). They had pockets and they were very flattering. I like the comfort that linen gives me. So for this season I am on a hunt for a white (or offwhite) linen pant. I like white clothes, but I am never too sure of them, particularly pants. They convey an idea of purety I am not sure I possess. But I am willing to try this year

I like this particular pair from the Gap. It is a wide leg pants.

3 Jelly sandals
I used to own a pair of jelly sandals when I was a kid. They were very comfy and cute. Three years ago, when it became the craze again, I wanted one so badly. But I was too stingy; I thought the jelly sandals are just plastic so why would they cost so much (between $15 to $20, I know I am very stingy). I did not get it. I still don't but this time I would not mind having one. I like these from Old Navy

They are cute and cheap ($12.50). My only problem is that I want them in Orange and they do not have one. See, I have this thing that I need every color of the rainbow in my pallet of shoes. And the one color that I think I am missing right now is orange. So for my spring-summer hunt for shoes, I am concentring all my efforts of finding something bright orange.

4- Flats
I own several flat shoes but If you are an addic like me, several is never enough. So I need one that screams spring. Preferably a pair that has some bold prints like flowers and that is orange. I found this cute on again at Old Navy but it is not orange enough.

Then, I saw this cute one in blue. Then I got to think that I do not have a pair of blue shoes that cute. I do have some sandals that are navy blue, but it is just not the same. So I may settle for this pair. (under)


5- Fitted Jeans
By fitted jeans I do not mean skinny jeans. I just want a pair of jeans that I can wear without using a belt. Moreover, I want it to be sexy but not revealing. I do not want my whole ass to be exposed when I seat or bend over. But to find such a pair has been so difficult that I am about to give up. I guess it it because of my shape (pear shape). However, I see some ladies that have shapes that are more challenging than mine and they have perfectly fitted jeans on. Maybe I should get one of those apple bottom jeans. The only problem I got with those is that they convey the wrong message: Hoochie (see my Hoochie clothing article coming soon)


Well, that is all for my list. I am sure by the time Spring ends, I will have something more to add. For now, my budget forces me to limit myself until I became crazily rich like .....Bill Gates. Then I can really splurge and reinvent my closet.
That would not be a Spring cleaning but a Spring Awakening.

Comments

Popular Posts