Spring cravings

The beginning of the week was beautiful. We had such a gorgeous weather with higher temperatures and sunshine that I thought Spring was already here. I went out soaking up as much sun as I could, and not wearing a heavy coat for the first time in months.

The gorgeous weather made me crave for warmth, sunshine, Sakuras and colorful, brand new clothes. My closet is bursting but for some reasons, I always think that I need one more thing. On my radar this Spring are light printed dresses, pencil skirts and colorful pants.

Printed shift dresses or tunics

I am known for loving maxi dresses. They represent me (when I am tired of my jeans representing me). However, I also enjoy a shift dress from time to time. It is a bit hard to find one my size in here but I am still on the lookout for the perfect one. I think that a dotted one will go well with the trend at hand. However I am also drooling on a flower printed one.

Retro style dresses

I like retro style dresses with the peter pan collar. However, I am not sure I am cute enough for the trend. I am willing to try it on and see how thing go. If I like it then be it; if not, then I will return it or donate it.


Retro style flower printed dress at Nissen.co.jp for 2490Y

Pencil skirts

Some years ago,  I gave away all my short skirts for religious reasons until I realized that I could comprimised by wearing opaque tights or leggings. Now I am trying to fill my wardrobe with practical skirts that do not make me look like a bohemian. I enjoy pencil skirts for they are a tad sophisticated. On my radar are simple one toned skirts in royal blue and black.


Pencil knitted skirt at Forever21.co.jp for 850Y

Colorful pants

Last Summer, I went crazy and bought my first colored jeans in years. They are bright orange and make me so happy for they are not too tight. This year, I think I am going to add more colorful pants and I know just the color I am lusting over (Blue, green, golden brown, mustard and hot pink).


Color skinny fit ankle jeans for 2990Y at Uniqlo.com/jp

Green pants at Zara.com for 6990Y- Found one half price at H&M and greener



Men Brazil nut brown khaki pants at Gap for 7900Y - the color of these pants is more beautiful in real life. It looks a tad shinier than in the picture as they were golden brown.


Navajo Printed knits

If this coming Spring is anything like last year's (still chilly), I made need a few knitted sweaters that can keep me warm. I have been looking for heavy knits without success. I am lusting over these but does not dare to order them online for fear they may not fit as well as I want them to. I hate shopping online but for these prices, I may just take the plunge.


Available at Rakuten.co.jp/lideel/ for 1980Y


Available at Rakuten.co.jp/lideel/ for 980Y


On sale at Anapnet.com for 1890Y


Don't you find it strange that my craving list does not include shoes, or bags? I am thinking that I am pretty set when it comes to those. I have way too many bags that I barely use and do not even get me started on shoes. I guess I am going to rest my shoe shopping for a while until I find a new obsession that is.

What are you craving for Spring?


Comments

Popular Posts