On my radar: Classic shirts or Blouses with fun details

We all know the big trends for this Fall, Winter season: heeled loafers, felt hats, maxi pleated skirts, retro style dresses... I am in love with almost all of them even if I find some trends a bit too cute for my taste. However, there is another trend that is snicking up on me: classic blouses with fun details


- Animal printed blouses:

Animal printed blouses unlike animal printed shirts, are more ladylike. The shirt or blouse is printed with some tiny animal such as doves, dogs, giraffes and elephants.  In Japan, with the whole Halloween thing being blown out of proportion (you would think that they invented the thing), you can even see some ladies wear crow and cats printed blouses. It can be nice but a bit over the top.
I would like to have one blouse in beige or rusk with cute animal prints such as birds. I do not want the thing to be over the top because after all I want to keep on wearing the blouse even after the trend passes. That is why the tinier the print, the better. And if from afar, the print can be mistaken for a dot, I could not be happier.

Brushed bird printed shirt available at Forever21.co.jp for 2580Y


Giraffe printed blouse available at Forever21.co.jp for 1780Y

Dog Printed blouse for 8990Y at Zara.co.jp

- Peter pan collared shirt (and other removable collars)

Peter pan collars have been huge lately in Japan. You can find them in pretty much any kind of blouses or tops, even dresses. They are some that are removable, that you can add to any kind of item with a round collar. Those removable collars can be in lace, beaded or even with sequins. I am not absolutely sure that the trend is for me. I think it is too cute for my person.


Peter pan collared top available at Zara.co.jp for 8990Y



Removable sequined shirt available at http://www.ec-store.net/moussy/ for 6993Y


- Mutliway shirts

I think this item may be my favorite on the list. It is called a multiway shirt. It can be a simple classic shirt, or if you use the buttons differently another type of shirt such as a skipper shirt. Actually this item has been on my radar since last Spring. Nissen had some great selection but I wanted the shirt to be longer. I think the one below will belong to me as soon as it is on sale.


Multiway shirt available at Nissen.co.jp for 2990Y

3 way shirt available at Nissen.co.jp for 2990Y


- Bow tie or neck tie

Ties are back, incorporated with shirts. I am really into the bow ties when it comes to shirts. I like the fact that they are attached to the blouses. But some come separately. The basic color is usually black to contrast with the the color of the shirt. However we can also find other fun colors (stripes anyone).

Shirt with dotted bow tie available at anapet.com

- Men's shirts (checked and military)

The military trend is not dead yet. And all over Tokyo, trendy ladies like to coordinate men's military shirt with feminine dresses or skirts. It is very hip. Checked shirts are also a hit, even if they had been for the last 2 years or so. The ladies like to combine them with short shorts even in Winter.


Mimpi checked shirt available at anap.net for 3990Y


Military shirt available at Nissen.co.jp for 2190Y

This does not complete the list of trendy shirts/ blouses of this season. I left out the uneven hemmed shirts, the dotted shirts, the see through shirts, the horizontal striped shirts, the shoulder cut shirts and some more. Shirts/blouses will be big this season and they will even transition into the warmer seasons next year. As far as I am concern, I really enjoy this trend because it is more modest and very feminine. Moreover, a good shirt will never be outdated so purchase a nice one in good quality and keep it forever...

Some bloggers in the trendy shirts:

Kendi everday has a great collection of shirts and blouses but I absolutely adore these two below

Stella of J'adore fashion rocking the see through shirt.


Yentina of My edit in checked shirts


Comments

Popular Posts