On my radar: Co-ord sets

 Hello!

Happy Summer!

Summer is officially underway but in Dakar, it has been hot for a few weeks now. Some people are even praying for rain. 

In Summer, I usually seek light clothes in natural fibers in order to stand the heat. I usually go for maxi dresses that are easy to wear and easy to style. However, since last year, I have been obsessed with co-ord sets. 

A co-ord is basically two pieces of clothing usually made from the same fabric. They are made of a top and a bottom. You can have shirt and pants set, shirt and short set, or top and skirt set. I absolutely enjoy them because they make dressing up so easy. You do not need to look for the blouse that would perfectly match your pants. I did invest in a few this past year but I still want more. Here are the ones I am eying:

- One color

When it comes to matching sets, I never go for the ones in one color. Maybe because I think they are just basic. However, those are truly versatile. A simple set can bring out several styling possibilities. I truly enjoy the pleated ones. However, the ones in linen are the one to invest in this Summer. Pro tip, if you cannot find a co-ord set that fits you, you can always buy a blouse and find a similar pants, and the problem is solved. 


Feb06 cotton rayon co-ord set 


Bobo by Sag linen short set 

- Printed

This is the one everyone goes to. I absolutely enjoyed these pajama lookalike co-ord in every print possible. I prefer the ones in tropical prints, Roccoco prints, animal prints, African prints, geometric prints and obviously tie dye. 



Diarra B Kokodunda set 


Fenoel scarf print shirt and pants 

- Unusual

And by unusual, I mean the type of pairing people won't necessary call co-ord set such as a kimono and pant sets, or a cropped top and skirt set. 


Tali Tahani jumpsuit and robe set 


Grass Fields Akuba maxi skirt and cropped top 

The co-ord sets I recently got: 


In the latest co-ord I designed for my brand


Tie dye pants set I got at HLM market 

I recommend you getting one or two co-ord this Summer. They are still trendy and super easy to wear and style. You will thank me later. 




Comments

Popular Posts