I dream of Chocolate (Browns)


Whenever I do the closet cleaning, I realized that there are some colors or items that I am lacking. I immediately make a mental note of shopping for them later on. The last time I cleaned my closet, I saw that I did not have anything brown except for some slacks, a tee and a lace kimono. It is shocking because brown is a neutral color, that goes well with most colors.
What I am looking for are rich colors in that palette: chocolate brown, bronze, burnt orange or mahogany, tan, russet, rust...well practically anything brown at this point. Here are some items I am looking for:


Basic tees

I am seriously lacking tees in simple tones of brown such as beige, tan and rust. I might invest in really light long sleeves tees or polo necks when it gets colder. But in reality I just want some 'neutrals' I can build an outfit from.



Uniqlo

Suede jacket

I am not sure why is it hard to find a nice suede jacket in chocolate brown that will not cost an arm and a length nowadays. I may have to resort to thrifting for this one as it is hard to come by. Believe me, I have been trying since last year. I do not want anything structured like a blazer. I want something in the lines of a kimono with a belt or a slouchy moto jacket.



Slacks

Like I said earlier I do have some brown pants that I find boring. But instead of getting rid of them, I will found a way to style them better. In the meantime, I still will be looking for that rust, mustard or gold colored pants. I have been searching for the right pair for almost 5 years now without any success. Maybe this year I will get lucky.




J crew


Sweaters

A must have now that is finally getting chillier, to pair with skinny jeans or midi skirts.




Accessories

As I mentioned in a previous post, I just need a sturdy tote bag and casual sandals in that color because God knows I have enough accessories in brown. Still I am lusting over cross body bags small enough for casual days out.



Tu Clothing 


And here are some chocolate looks that I will definitely steal


Song of Style 



Ciara


I do not know who this woman is but I found her picture on posugar.com and absolutely love the color combination 


Found this picture on Pinterest while browsing


Personal favorite: Karenbritchick



Comments

Popular Posts