Birthday List

Hello!

We are in November, sweet November. Sweet because it is finally getting chillier, but also because it is my birthday month. I will turn 39 this year. But somehow, in my mind I think I am already 40.

Anyway, if I had my ways, I would have taken a trip for my birthday. That was actually the plan with my friends. But life gets in the way of plans. I am not going to cry over spilled milk. What I am going to do is to celebrate, first by buying myself a lot of things. Hey it is not everyday that one turns 39, so I might as well enjoy it:

Bogolan (Mud cloth) leather tote
I recently checked a souvenir shop in the city because I have been chosen to buy a parting gift for my former boss at work. There I found this big beautiful mud cloth leather tote bag in the brown color I lust. Unfortunately I did not like how the inside of the bag looked. I will be looking for other shops for a better bag. If not, that bag is coming home with me.


Available at Cocktail du Senegal


Comforter
I have a blanket that is a life saver when it gets cold. I actually use it year around because I prefer to be covered when I sleep. Yet some nights, it gets way too hot for it. To replace it, I want a comforter that is light. Truth be told I always had a thing for comforter since my first trip to Switzerland. To the 6 year old Senegalese kid, it looked so fancy. And who does not want to sleep under fancy bed covers?



Mirror
Ever since I moved back into my parents home, I am trying to make my tiny room more livable. And one thing I am lacking right now is a full length mirror. My parents have one in their room but I cannot use it early in the morning to check my outfit before going to work, because sometimes they are still sleeping. In reality, I just want a mirror so I can take outfit pics for my Instagram stories. Vain, I know!


Planning to thrift a similar mirror at used furniture stores


But if I do not find my happiness, I might have to ask my carpenter to make me something similar. How cute and efficient would that thing be!

Tripod
Which brings me to the following item on the list. My kids and colleagues are tired of taking my outfit pics. I really should have a professional photographer but I am cheap and a control freak. I am not sure I could be natural in front of a photographer I am not familiar with. Therefore I decided to invest in a tripod so I can take the pictures I want, without having to shout at my kids or colleagues.

Samsung Galaxy A10
I want a new phone. I really do not need one because I already have two that work perfectly fine. But somehow I want the new Samsung  Galaxy A10. It is not that expensive and looks alright. It was the first gift that I thought of buying myself for my birthday actually when it came out a few months back.

Silver Cauris Bracelets
I should just save enough money to buy me real gold jewelry but if there is one thing I know about myself is that I am not really into gold. I am more into fantasy jewelry that are eye catching and probably worthless. I have set my eyes on Cauris bracelets for a while now. And I have found the right thing just recently.


Also available at Cocktail du Senegal 

It would be cool if I had family or friends gift me these things but I am not asking anyone. I am old enough and have enough money (Thank GOD for that) to indulge a bit. Now let me go prepare the list for Christmas which is around the corner.

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Comments

Popular Posts