What to wear to an All white event

Recently I attended a fashion show with an All white dress code.  After going back and forth, I decided to wear a white eyelet tiered dress I recently had tailored made. But I was having other issues about the dress code itself, particularly for the accessories. Does an all white dress code mean that you have to wear all white from head to toe? Or could you mix and match.

I was really puzzled until I asked a blogger I followed on Instagram who also attended an all white party, what to do. She told me that I could go for tan or gold color for the accessories. I followed her advice and paired my dress with gold accessories.

Upon arriving at the event, I realized that I was not the only one. Most people had on outerwear, head wraps, jewelry and shoes in other colors. It seems like it is really difficult to wear all white from head to toe.

Anyway here are some looks I think will be perfect for an all white event:

Dresses:



For me, wearing a dress is the first thing I would opt for. for any event. I like white dresses in lace or eyelet. However I also fancy structured dresses like this tuxedo dress above. Being modest, I would probably add skinny pants or a pleated maxi dress to it. But you can rock the dress as it is. 


 Pants:


Here you can go with separates or a jumpsuit. Remember if the pants are simple, your top should stand out with fun details such as ruffle, pleats or lace. 


 Traditional wear:


Bold Wakanda dress from SassyChic Boutique

You can never go wrong wearing traditional wear for a party in Senegal. You will effortlessly feel chic. I personally avoid wearing white for traditional wear or any other wear for that matter because I am messy, but I have to admit that it is absolutely striking.

It is up to you to rock all white from head to toe but I would not recommend it. You need another color to make the white pop. At the fashion show, I really liked how some women added colors to their white dresses or suits. A red or golden vest made the details of their outfits pop more. Even a simple belt can bring more definition to an all white outfit. So think about that next time you have to style yourself for an all white event.

 And for more about the all white event I attended, read here.

Comments

Popular Posts