I dream of Eyelet and Lace

Among all the fabrics I consider to be feminine, Eyelet and Lace are my favorite. Nothing brings out the girly girl in me more than to wear clothes in entire lace or eyelet. Actually, I am so attracted to these fabrics that it is the first thing I notice when I go shopping. I sometimes have to remind myself that I already have a white eyelet top before purchasing another. I am not sure why I like these fabrics so much. Maybe it is the intricate design, or the play with the sheerness, or the fact that they are so light they are perfect for Summer. Whatever that maybe, I am drone to them like a moth to a flame.

Here is a list of some items in Eyelet or Lace that I am thinking of getting:

BLAZER

As a working woman, blazers are a must. Although I have my fair share of solid color blazers, I have yet to get one with intricate design in either lace or eyelet. I like the ones that are bright that you can style with dark dresses for work. But the opposite can also be striking. Either way, a lace blazer will be a staple in a working woman closet particularly in Summer.



Dressbarn


Roman Originals
SKIRT

Nothing more feminine than a lace or eyelet skirt (except maybe a dress)


H&M 

J crew

PANTS

I recently saw a picture of a Chanel eyelet tunic and pants set that was so dreamy, I put  a mental note to reproduce it someday. I have never own pants in eyelet but I think that with a long tunic they will look nice enough for this Summer. If you are not daring to go for sheer eyelet or lace pants, I recommend going for linen or cotton pants with lace details at the hem.


Kisuii 

Global Desi


ACCESSORIES

Truth be told, I am not very big on lace accessories. Something in them reminds me of trash or goth, do not ask me why. For example, I absolutely hate fishnet or lace tights, and eyelet chockers that are so trendy right now.  Yet, there a few accessories in lace I do not mind owning:



Nicholas Kirkwood Lace Pumps  


American Eagle Eyelet headband


Ralph Lauren Eyelet Sunhat

 My all time favorite item to have in Eyelet and Lace is a dress. I already own 10: 2 short ones, 2 midi, 2 maxi dresses, 2 gowns, one traditional attire and one shift. And do not even get me started on the tops; it seems like every other top I own is in white or black lace. That is why I will not add those items to this list.

What about you? Are you fond of Eyelet and Lace like me? How do you incorporate it in your wardrobe?

Comments

Popular Posts