Stylish Friends: Mame

As much as I love to blog about my style, I know that I have a lot to learn and to dare to wear. However, I am surrounded by friends with bold and great style. Last time I introduced my bestie Marieme Faye and her crazy style. Today it is all about Mame.
Mame is not only my friend, she is family. She is my father's baby sister but we have been partners in crime ever since I met her for we are barely one year apart. Every year for Summer, I would spend time in her hometown of Banjul, meeting with her friends, discovering R&B and reading her English books. As we grew up, we did so many crazy things and build so many memories that I hold dear to this day.
But I am not going to get all mushy about Mame. Instead I want to share her sense of style. Mame has this great body. She is super tall and has curves in all the right places. She has a beautiful dark skin, sexy eyes and a killer smile.She also dresses to impress without being too over the top. But do not take my word for it. Check her pics and read what she has to say:

 Ode to Fashion: How can you describe your style?
Mame: Urban yet classy. However I try sometimes to wear African, bohemian and even rock chic

 
For Eid- Love the hair
 
What was your favorite thing in your closet right now?
My favorite thing in my closet right now is a blazer I bought inspired by Kim K. (although I am not a big fan of hers)

 
The blazer
 
What was your favorite thing to wear when you were a kid, teen?
 Tops, trousers and trainers (aka sneakers)

 Who is your style icon?
 I love Dame Elisabeth Taylor but for everyday stuff I like Lisa Ray McCoy

 
Keeping it simple
 
How much are you willing to spend on a great pair of shoes?
A healthy amount. It has to stay within the hundred pounds though. I promise I will never do more than that even if I could afford it.

 
My favorite outfit
 
What is your make up routine and how much time do you spend doing your make up in the morning?
I am not a make up worshipper. I only wear it for special occasions and even then it has to be subtle. I only wear foundation powder and eye pencil when I go to uni or work.

 
Going to a concert

 What trend will you never try no matter what?
 Punk fashion. It is just a no go area for me. But hey, never say never, right?

 What style advice can you give me?
 My advice? Keep it simple to make it elegant. Always have perfect hair and shoes then you are good to go.

There you have it, an homage to Mame's style. Who will be next to fall prey to my blog? Daba I have my eyes on you...

Comments

Popular Posts