Back to the basics: Pants

The new topic of my Back to Basics series - where I talk about all the things basic missing in my wardrobe- are pants. I am really lacking good pants in my wardrobe. I used to have lots of pants because I practically lived in them (wearing dresses and skirts are a bit new to me). But since I gained so much weight, all my favorites pants are too small at the waist. I think that I need to find me new ones (or at least get back in shape but truth be told shopping for new ones is an easier and way funner option). When I think of pants, I think about the kind that I would need in a professional setting. Let us face it, I want to work and may someday. And when (or if) that day comes I will be needing some good pair of pants. I also find that having new options for casual fridays or the week end would not hurt either. I mean I cannot just live on maxi skirt and maxi dress so the hunt is on:

Black slacks:
This is a must in every girl's closet. Like Jeans, it is an element that can easily be paired with anything. My favorite one was from Zara. I bough that thing back in 2001 and I wore it with everything and almost every wear from school, to part time work, to the club to even a wedding. But the pants got stolen from my washing machine (that I had outside of my apartment) and I cried over it. I never found anything as great as that slacks after that. But I am still looking.

Black or Grey legging pants:
I love wearing leggings with short dress and tunics. But it is not Hijab friendly. Yet I like the comfort leggings bring me. So now I want some that can pass as pants. You know the types that are like pants but are so comfy that they resemble leggings. I found some nice looking ones with zipper and other hardware at Zara shop in Motomachi on sale now.


Zara leggings with zipper at zara.com for 1990Y

Denim:
It is really hard to find a great pair of denim that will not cost you and arm and a leg. Truth be told I have never had a pair of denim that I was hundred percent satisfied with. There was always something wrong: too tight, too big, gaping at the waist, too light, too dark....But that did not stop me for trying to look for the perfect pair and for me the are two types: one bootcut style in a dark wash and one in lighter wash boyfriend style. For those who are on the normal to petite side, GAP, Uniqlo and G.U. have some great selections of denims that are less than a 10.000Yen (or sometimes less than a $1000 at G.U. ). For bigger people like myself, Forever 21 have some denims that are okay. They and H&M also have a vast selection of colorful denim that are affordable.


Denim bootcut at Uniqlo.co.jp

Silky harem pants:
The ones I like do not have the drooping inseam a la Aladdin. No, they are more are elegant. G.U. has a great selection for only 990Y right now. I tried them and although they fit, I wanted them to be a bit loose.

Silky yuru pants at G.U. for 990Y

Palazzo pants and or Wide legs pants:
I think Palazzo pants are a great way to stay cool in Summer without showing much skin. Plus it is an alternative to the maxi skirt. I really like those in scarf print, and polka dots.

Palazzo pants on sale at forever21.co.jp

Printed pants at nissen.co.jp for 1190Y

I am also interested with Wide leg pants with a high waist. Paired with a crisp white shirt, and killer pumps they can even be professional. 



Zara pleated wide legs pants

See anything you like? What is your absolutely must have pants?

Comments

Popular Posts