Hotel review: Le Clos des Papillons

  Every year, during Summer, I take the kids outside of Dakar. This year, we went to Saly, yet again. Last year, we were around Somone where we rented a house. This time, we went to a hotel/B&B in Saly Niakhniakhal called Le Clos des Papillons.

The entrance to Le Clos de Papillon

I have heard about the place from my BFF who visited it back in December 2022. It is a huge house with several rooms, a small restaurant and a big pool. I chose the room named Baobab, brand new with a double bed and bunk bed for the boys. There was no fuss about the room, which was basic with wooden furniture, a fridge, and a bathroom. They had amenities such as bodysoap and towels. There was also a huge terrace with pool view outside of our room. The only problem of the room was the slow Wifi. 

The boys trying the bunk bed - They never had one.

The B&B also had a small restaurant we enjoyed for breakfast everyday and once for diner. The breakfast was basic egg or crepes at choice, fruit platter, cake, bread with jams and chocolate spread, coffee, tea or hot chocolate and grapefruit shots. 


Fried eggs


Fruit platter

The hotel has two pools, a big one for everyone to enjoy right at the entrance and another smaller one that you can use when you book the Papillon suite, which we did later on. The big pool is not too deep and is very nice. We did enjoy it almost everyday. 






Taking a selfie in the room before going to the pool

We were supposed to stay for 3 nights but we added an extra one since we were having so much fun in Saly. However, with the weekend coming, our room was already booked so the owner gladly offered us the Papillon suite-which was downstairs from our previous room- at the same price . The Papillon suite has one bedroom with bathroom attached and a living room. It also comes with a private pool, perfect for couples in need of privacy or modest women. The owner added an extra bed in the room free of charge. The great thing about the suite other than the pool, was that the Wifi was working properly. The bathroom was also larger and prettier. I did enjoy the private pool only once. I have to admit that the big pool was way nicer and warmer. The other issue I had was that the living room does not have air conditioning and the fan is not that strong. However, when you put the AC in the bedroom, the cool air did travel to the living room where I was sleeping. At one point, I even had to stop it because I was getting cold. 


The suite downstairs

Our stay was very nice. the owner who is Belgian and the local staff were very accomodating. The price is also very reasonable for the space although upon searching, you might have the same rate at a hotel nearby but only for one room. Since I travel with the boys who are considered as adults now, I might have to book two rooms or a suite at a hotel. Basically, we payed 70.000 xof ($117 or 107€) a night for room and breakfast. The B&B looks a bit old (according to my Dad) but I find it to be quaint. I saw on the internet that they had other suites. And I am willing to try them if I come back in the future. I think it is the perfect tucked away place for a quick romatinc getaway. 

Comments

Popular Posts