How to style the Slip Skirt (Satin Skirt)

 Hello Hello!

Remember when I had an obsession with slip dresses? It is funny that I bought several but never managed to post any on my blog. I promise you that I wore them outside the house, and even made them suitable for work.  Lately my slip dresses are relagated to sleeping time. The last time I wore one outside, it was for a quick stop by an ice cream parlor and off  to my brother's house for a sleepover. And I did layer it with a kimono.

Now, I have found a new obsession: the Slip Skirt. It is exactly what you think: a skirt that can also be a slip. I have been wanting one every since I saw an ex colleague wear it at diner two years ago. However I never dared purchase it. Until I saw two on sales at my favorite shop. I bought one in gold and another in brown. 

I did manage to wear both of them but here are a few options that I consider trying. 

With a white dress shirt:

I firmly believe in a white dress shirt, as it goes with everything. I am sure paring it with a slip skirt will be very easy and classy. My only problem is will I dare tuck it or tie it around my waist or will I just chicken out and wear it over the skirt? Hum!

 With an oversized blazer: 

The key to this style is to pair the skirt with a tight fitted shirt or tank and add an oversized jacket. But be careful not to have the jacket be too long. You should always be mindful of the proportions. If the jacket is too oversized, you can add a belt on top for definition. 

With a sweater or cardigan

I like the idea of clashing textures with the chunkiness of the sweater and the silkiness of the skirt. This outfit is also something I am looking forward to try as the sweater can easily camouflage the butt area.

With a denim jacket:

Denim goes with everything is can easily make a chich outfit casual. 

With a duster or coat 

This would be my go to as the length of the duster might hide all the imperfections the skirt might put on display. 

I hope this post inspired you to get the courage to buy or wear that slip skirt. I could not leave y'all without telling you that you need to have the right underwear to wear with such skirt. You do not want visible panty lines. For the daring ones, you might try a thong, but myself I prefer to go with seamless panties or some kind of shapewear. 

Cheers!!!

Ps: All pictures were found on Pinterest

Comments

Popular Posts