I dream of Purple

Hi y'all!

It is getting a bit chilly these days. I feel a switch in my wardrobe coming. I want to curb my shopping but I have noticed that there are certain colors I have been missing in my closet. The one I am drooling over recently is Purple.



I do like purple hues particularly fuchsia that I wear often as accessories (shoes and scarves). But I am lacking the violet and the magenta. Actually when I really search in my closet I realized that I do have two purple items: a dress that I wear often for events and a lace midi skirt I have yet to wear. However I am missing the basics, the items I wear as uniform on the regular. So here they are:

- Silk or Sateen blouse 

Blouses are my go to when it comes to work wear so why not invest in a purple one but this time in silk or sateen to add a little bit of pizzazz. 

Zara bow blouse 

- Bodysuit 

I have this thing for bodysuit. They are very practical because they are easily paired with everything. I would like a basic one in long sleeves but this one below is actually very enticing.  


Puff sleeve milkmaid bodysuit avialble at Asos

- Violet mules

I used to have a flat purple mules back in 2004. They were in suede, so cute and so practical. I would love something similar but a tad bit classier to elevate my looks.


Mules from Design by Wadji 

- Scarf 

Any of my outfits would not be complete without a scarf. I actually have scarves in all colors except purple: Yet a printed one in purple hues would be perfect as well. 



Sateen print scarf available on Amazon


Outerwear

When it gets cold, my first purchase are usually some type of outerwear preferably cardigans. I have quite a good collection of sweaters and cardigans in several colors and prints. I might add a nice purple one to the mix. 


Purple wool cashmere cardigan available at Next.co.uk

I really cannot wait to get my hands on some of the items listed above. And I have a few ideas how I am going to style them. I will definitely go the clorblocking route. Below are some looks I will probably take inspiration from (all lifted from Pinterest and Instagram) :









What about? Will you give purple a chance or is it already a staple color in your wardrobe?

Comments

Popular Posts