The Slingback

 Hello hello!

Recently I went away on a short business trip! I knew that I would fly for this trip. I also knew I would be visiting huge facilities which included a lot of walking! Therefore I needed to pack a pair of formal yet comfy shoes that would do the trick! I settled for a pair of scalloped fake suede pointed toe sling backs I had for a while.

What is a slingback you may ask? A slingback is a shoe that does not have a back but unlike a mule it has a strap to hold the shoe in place. There was a time, most of my shoes were slingbacks. For some reason, I find them easy to wear and very feminine. I favor the pointed toe style that I find very formal as well. After pumps, there are my go to,  when I have to dress formal at work. I actually own 4 pairs of slingbacks, all black (mostly) , two flats and two with a kitten heel. 


Zara polka dots slongbacks

 
Thrifted Italian shoes

But my flat ones were being worn out so I had to replace them. And I added some more because there was a major sale happening in town. Here is what I bought:


Black slingbacks from Class


Leather ballerina from Massimo Dutti


The originals looked like these but I purchased them without the straps. 


Green Zara slingbacks

Stradivarius pink slingbacks

Needless to say that with my recent purchases, I have enough slingbacks to last me a lifestime. However as a true shoe obsessed girl, there are some more I am eying like these below from some Senegalese brands: 



Marie slingbacks from Mimi Cherry Shoes


Minawa Shoes Power pump

Do you own slingbacks? Has this post made you feel like trying one out? Let us discuss!

Comments

Popular Posts