Closet cravings : Summer essentials + update

 Na gen def? (means « how are you? » in Wolof, my language)

I hope you are having a good time. 

It is Summer, I am already (part) vaccinated and ready to enjoy the season. I have some vacations days to take. Unless this third wave of coronavirus pushes the government to put us back on partial lockdown. Anyway, here are a few items that would make me enjoy this Summer better. 

- White tunic dress

Long, oversized, in linen or cotton, in pure white and with pockets? What else will I need this Summer?  I will just rock it with colorful strappy sandals, a huge straw hat and a cute bag. Perfect for Sunday brunch by the pool.  I am also looking for a replacement for my now tattered white maxi dress. 



- Eyelet dress

My obsession is not going anywhere. But this time I want this set of eyelet midi dress with a striped dress shirt from Tetatou, a local brand. Best part: wearing them separately. 


- Small bag

No I am not talking about the Jacquemus Chiquito style bag. I am referring to the trend of small bags in adorable shapes. If money was no issue, I would splurge on the Jodie bag by Bottega Venetta. But since I am not that rich, let me stick to small purses like this Mango snake print bag I recently saw on sale. 


Mango snake print bag 

- Tropical print jumpsuit

I no longer have any jumpsuit apart from the one I plan to launch for my brand. It is sad because I enjoy jumpsuits so much. I am on the hunt of a bright (Tropical) printed jumpsuit. It has to be large enough so that I can stay comfortable but still fitted enough for a tad of sexiness. I think I will make this one with my tailor so I can at least control the sizing. 

- Bucket hat 

I have always been obsessed with bucket hats. Back when I was living in Japan, I would wear them with a raincoat instead of using an umbrella. This time I just want one for fun. It would be great to have a reversible one in black and African print. I will probably get it from Sandaga market at the souvenir sellers. I am also looking for a huge straw hat. I actually have no need for a new one (as I already have one); I just want one to make dramatic pictures on holidays like any other self respecting influencer. 

Reversible  Kente bucket bag

Before leaving, I thought I would update you on the previous Closet Cravings post I did. I finally got my sweater dress (see here) and not one but two slip skirts ( read here). As for the jeans, I got a cropped one and something that could pass as a wide legged one (but is not). But I still need a proper boyfriend jean. It is a process. And it will take the time it will take.

Stay tune for more Closet cravings. And go follow on me on Instagram under the name @chilelai and also my brand @sinniature ( I am shipping worldwide now) .

Comments

Popular Posts