Closet Cravings (before the season changes)

 Hello Hello!

How y'all been? 

Me? Busy but I cannot complain. Summer is probably ending for some of y'all but it might stay hot till November around these parts. Still the weather has been changing recently with heavy rains. Part of me enjoy the breeze that comes with rain but another part is dreading it because it causes so much damages around my city.

Anyway, I thought I would let you know about all my future purchases in the upcoming months

Barely there sandals: 

I want some sandals with thin straps. I am thinking of getting them in a metallic but a bold color is also calling me.  Seriously though, I really should stop buying shoes. But I cannot stop myself. 

Zara laced up sandals


Lace up sandals available at aliexpress.com 

Floor length kimono:

I love me a good kimono. I just want one in African print or a bold color that I could rock with my blue jeans and white tees on weekends. For this one I might ask my tailor to make it for me.


Mangishidoll kimono

Shift dress

I have decided that my wardrobe needs more shift dresses to make me look polish for work. I love my frilly maxi dress but it is time I add more structure to my closet. I will go for solid colors like black, navy and purple. For this item, I will try my fave thrift guy in Colobane market first. But if I cannot find one my size, I might ask my tailor to customize some. 


Mango double breasted dress

Golden ring

Unlike many Senegalese women, I am not really into gold. I like accessories that are original and different. I would rather spend money on custom or junk accessories than real gold. But it is about time I start buying some real gold jewelry. The last time I did was last year and it was a present for someone else. Another reason why I do not buy gold in this country is that I find the designs to be too gaudy. You know me, I like to keep things simple. Gold is considered an investment because we can always resell it. So why not make an investment and look good at the same time. I am thinking of starting with a ring, then move on to necklace and earrings. The hunt is on!!!

Everything home arrangement

I recently watched Get organized The Home Edit on Netflix. I was hooked. I am not going to talk about the show, you just need to check it out yourself. My room is tiny and so cluttered. And watching the show made me want to rearrange it. I want all kinds of home arrangement goods such as clear containers, closet dividers, jewelry holder and all other stuff that are supposed to make your life easier. I already started at Orca, but did not find all the things I was looking for. I want to go check other home decor stores as well.  


The Home Edit Mini Beauty Bin Tower - The Container Store


Clear plastic bin - Orca

Track Jacket (or windbreaker)

It is ironic that I crave a track jacket considering that I do not even work out anymore. But I still believe that having cute outfits will probably push me to start over. I want a track jacket for the upcoming cold months. The jacket will also be perfect to tie around my waist and hide my curves. I have found some cute pink ones at Decathlon that are overpriced but I will probably go for the men's one at Numero Uno as they are having a sale right now. 

Decathlon windbreaker for women 

These are my cravings for now. I do not see the weather turning cold any time soon. So there is no need for me to acquire any transitional clothes. Besides, I bought so many cardigans and outerwear last year that remained to be worn because my city never got that cold. I bought a leather jacket and a coat that I never wore suitcase because it was 30 degrees in January. 

What are you craving this season? 

Comments

Popular Posts