Closet cravings : Transitional pieces

Summer is officially over they say! But not around these parts. It is hot, hot, hot. I will probably not bring out the sweaters and jackets anytime soon. So what a girl to do? Well invest in transitional pieces. (Any reason to shop, really!)

 Sheer or lace jacket

I have several tank or sleeveless tops that are perfect for the actual weather but I do not have anything light enough to layer them with. At the moment, I wear them with my blazers or my open cardigan, which are not suitable for this heat. That is why I need me a super light, sheer or lace  jacket/ blazer in either black or white to layer on while waiting for the temperatures to drop. I actually do own several lace or sheer floor length kimonos and floral short length kimono. But what I need are classic cover ups in basic colors that I can mix and match with other pieces in my closet for that sophisticated look.





Shirt dress

I am obsessed with Shirt Dress. I already have several pieces, all printed and colorful in my closet. That is why this time I want to go for the ultimate white shirt dress. It has to be oversize so I can layer it over a tank and jeans and long enough so I can wear it as it is with a belt.





 Leopard Skirt

Nothing transitional about that! I just want one, Period!





Jeans

It is the perfect season to invest in a pair or two of jeans; one boyfriend and one wide leg 70's style!




 Basic accessories in brown:

Brown is a color I often overlook which does match several other colors. I am really looking for a bag and matching sandals that will be suitable for work but also perfect for my other outings. I am not necessarily going to pair them together. They are just a must have.






Sunglasses

I spent the entire summer without sunglasses. I have a very basic pair that I often forget about because well there is no magic to it. I need a pair of two that will sassy up any of my outfits. I am thinking tinted simple ones and maybe a pair in brown that is big enough to swallow half of my face. 





Let me just stop right there before I start thinking about something else. Hopefully I will get all these by the time it starts getting chilly.

Comments

Popular Posts