Back to the Basics: Lounge wear

Today I wanted to talk about lounge wear. For me lounge wear is the type of clothing you wear to relax at home. It could be mistaken for pajamas but it is a bit different. Even though for this post I will add pajamas to the list of lounge wear.

I often separate my clothes in four categories:
- work wear: mostly the clothes I wear to work
- casual wear: the clothes I wear to run errands on the weekends
- fancy clothes:  the ones I wear to attend events
- lounge wear: the clothes I wear to chill at home.

Sometimes I wear my casual and fancy clothes to work but I almost never wear my lounge wear outside of the house.  The reason being that my lounge wear consists of worn out day dresses and tattered sweat pants. I mean they are comfortable but they do not lift me up. Plus I am forced to hide and change whenever we have an unexpected visit. As a woman of almost 40, I think it is time I invest in some quality lounge wear. And here are a few I am thinking of getting:

- Mumus and Kaftans


I love the comfort of Mumus and Kaftans. I mean it is basically a dress you slip on your body that does not have any structure, any buttons, any zippers. Plus they are roomy enough that you fill like floating inside. On top of it, they are perfect for praying as they are modest enough. I actually do have some old Mumus at home. But it is time I replace them with newer, nicer ones. For those I will just have to look at the thrift market. They have many Kaftans from the Middle East or India that they sell for peanuts, in mint condition. Or I could just buy some cotton tie dye fabric and ask my tailor to make me some.

- Silky pajamas



I am ashamed to admit that my pajamas are really old and not fancy at all. I used to have some sexy silk slip on in a previous life. And I still own some. But I cannot wear them in a house that I share with my parents. That is why I would like to invest in silk pajama sets that are cute, adult and modest. The last time I had a silk (or sateen) pajama set, I was probably 8 years old. They were pink and in Chinese style. I still remember how much I loved them. I would like to recreate that feeling.

- Slip dresses (with Cover up)


Like I mentioned above, I love a good silk or sateen slip dress. It is smooth, short and sexy. But I cannot wear it around the house. To remedy, I will have to add a cover up, preferably a kimono that I can slip into when I wake up to walk around the house.

- Sweats


I love sweats. When it is cold, I live in them inside the house. They are my security blanket. But I got rid of all the ones I had because they were getting too old and tight. I need new ones, preferably a sweatshirt with a hoodie and matching joggers pants.

I really hope that I get to revamp my lounge wear with these. After all, all these talks about trying to be more ladylike should not be limited to my outside clothes.

Comments

Popular Posts