On my radar: Swimsuits

When we say Summer, we automatically link it to Beach and/ or pool. And beach means swimwear.

I love me some swimwear but I would not be caught dead wearing them outside. One, I am very self conscious of my body, my ever expanding curves. And two, I am trying to live the modest life.  In fact, I am so self conscious that the last time I went inside a pool wearing a swimsuit, I had to rent a private one.

Nevertheless, I still enjoy swimwear, and here are a few, girls who are less self conscious might enjoy:

- One piece

They are my favorite kind of swimwear. They basically cover the growing tummy, or hide away scars or stretch marks. I like the ones in one tone, preferably black. But since they tend to be boring, you can also go for printed ones. Remember to get one with big straps and an insert support if you have big breasts. If you have a small chest, you can try the one with one shoulder strap or strapless.




Diarra Blu 


Bloomingdale's


- Two pieces (tankini/bikini)

I loved me some bikini back in day but I always made sure that the bottom covered my entire butt. I am not into showing cheeks. Nowadays you can opt for high waist bottoms that are flattering on curvy women. I also like the ones in solid color with a colorful printed cover up. Lately, there are so many different combinations, that women rarely buy matching suits. In fact, you can buy several different pieces and mismatch them as you please.


Swimsuit for All


Musso'Ya


- Neon

Neon might be the trend this summer so invest in a flashy color like lime green, orange and pink.


Asos


- Burqini

For my modest ladies out there, there are what we call the Burqini. It is a simple long sleeve top with leggings made in neoprene. They cover the entire body so you can go wild at the pool without fearing wardrobe malfunction. Model Halima Aden rocked some for her now famous Sports Illustrated shoot. Back in the days, the Burqini used to be basic and expensive. But now you can find several colorful options for way less.


Halima Aden for Sports Illustrated


Ebay

There you have it, a list of all types of swimsuit you can find for any budget. If you are in Dakar, there are several places where you can shop for swimsuits starting by the supermarket Auchan, fashion houses like Numero Uno and Kiabi to name a few. You can also find interesting options on Facebook boutiques. As for me, I still have two one pieces in black and in tropical print that I barely used last year. I think I am good. Yet, the pink graphic one piece from Auchan is calling my name. We will see if I will succumb and buy it. 

Comments

Popular Posts