The only shoes any woman needs

I love shoes. It is no secret. I do not know how many pairs of shoes I own because I am too afraid to count but it is nearing a hundred. Funnily enough, I manage to wear only 30% of them on a daily basis. There are lots of shoes I do not need, but just buy because well, they are pretty and I like owning pretty things.

But enough about me. Today I will be writing about the only types of shoes, I think, any woman needs. Here they are:

Flats

I live in flats. They are comfortable and practical specially if you are the type of woman who is always on the move. You have different kind of flats, from the girly ballerinas, to the more masculine loafers or oxford shoes. I know some woman who cannot function in flats. But I cannot live without flats. I wear them to run errands, at the office when my heels are killing me, or at airports. But just because they are practical, does not mean they have to be ugly. There is a myriad of absolutely gorgeous shoes that are also very practical. One just have to look.


Different types of feminine flats 


Pumps



Black pumps

Pumps are just every working girl's best friends. They immediately smarten any outfits. I fancy the pointed toe pumps because they elongate the legs and look fancier. However you can get any type of pumps you like (mary janes, t-strap, d'orsay, peep toe, round toe, slingback) and look exquisite. My only problem with pumps is that I do not like mine to be super high. Those can be gorgeous but they are a pain to my flat feet (and sometimes my back). So, now I admire them from afar. I often dream of having a collection of pumps in every color of the rainbow. But in all seriousness, you only need one in black and one in nude for work. For fun, go for bold colors like red, metallic and prints like leopard.



Leopard print pumps


Sandals


Block heel sandals


When you live in a place where it is hot almost 80% of the time, you learn to invest in sandals. Every year I buy at least two flat ones from the markets to wear for running errands or staying inside the house. I live in the heeled version particularly for work. I enjoy them with block heels. I suggest you invest in strappy ones in brown or gold. Gold shoes (even cheap ones) can upgrade any boring outfits.


Bejeweled tong sandals



Mules

Embroidered mules


You cannot not own several pairs of mules if you are a Senegalese woman. And believe me I own several. They just go better with the Traditional Attire, and everything else from casual to fancy.


Colored block mules


Sneakers

I had to buy sneakers just because I joined a gym. Now I own two for workouts, and one for fun. I was never the type of girl who would pair sneakers with a skirt, but I am slowly getting there. You have to admit that sneakers can be very comfortable.



Slip on sneakers
 
 
There you have it, every shoe you need in your lifetime. Anything else I may have forgotten, please comment below.


Comments

Popular Posts