How to wear your Summer clothes during colder days

Colder days are finally upon us. And to be ready, one should invest on those sweaters and coats to keep you warm during this dry season. But not me. My closet is full hence I have no business buying clothes. Actually I am trying to get rid of the things that I never wear by selling them or giving them away. And I still have my "winter wear" clothes waiting for me in a suitcase under my bed.

Today, I just wanted to show you how you could transition your summer clothes into winter without breaking the bank. It never gets really freezing cold in my country therefore I could still get away with wearing my Summer clothes. You can also do the same.  

Whatever you do, layering will be your friend this new season.

Outerwear + sleeveless top + pants: 


Blazers, kimonos, dusters and open cardigans will be your friend this season. Try pairing them with tank tops or sleeveless tops to avoid getting too flushed. And you can always remove them when it gets too hot. I like this option for work best because I am partial to pants and blazers. Also it is easy to put together such an effortless look. 

Long sleeves tee + sleeveless dress: 


There is no need to stash your favorite sleeveless summer dress when it gets colder. Turn them into a skirt by adding a one tone long sleeves tee over it. Or wear them underneath it for a retro 60's look. If you want to go for the preppy look, you can always wear a long sleeves collard shirt with the dress. For short dresses, you can wear leggings or skinny pants to protect your legs. 

Shirt-dress + dress:


This paring is kind of unusual but very fun. Use a shirt-dress as an outerwear over a sleeveless dress. I like using a denim shirt-dress the best but it in some firms, is not suitable for work. That is why I suggest going for a shirt-dress in one tone to mix with a printed dress. You can also go crazy and wear both printed dresses like in the picture. 

There you have it: three easy ways to transition your favorite Summer clothes into colder days. Which one will you try?

Comments

Popular Posts