Back to the Basics: BodySuit

Hello everyone? How is the weather in your neck of the wood?

In my city, it gets relatively cooler, after the rain. Then it is scorching the next day.

Today I will tell you about another important basic that every self respecting fashionista (or woman) should have in her closet: the Bodysuit.

The bodysuit as its name indicates, is like a swimsuit or a play-suit for a baby since it is built the same way. The only difference is that we do not wear it at the beach or to crawl.

I started wearing bodysuits every since I was a teen. An aunt living in Italy gave me my first one: a baby blue cotton and lace one that I loved pairing with short floral skirts back in the day.

Recently I went crazy and purchased two different types of bodysuits: a knit one with a zipper and a cotton one. But I have to admit that I want more.

Here are the bodysuits I think you need:

- The classic Shirt


I was always amazed to see women wearing shirts that looked so polish and stayed in place until I realized that they were bodysuits. This type of bodysuit is a classy shirt on top and a bodysuit at the bottom with clasps or snaps. The shirt stays tucked in, and you do not have to arrange and rearrange it while you are wearing it. You can get one in a basic color: white, black, striped or a faux wrapped one in floral as it is the trend lately.


- The turtle neck


It is perfect for layering during colder days. If you are in very cold areas, I suggest you get one with long sleeves. As for me, I fancy the sleeveless ones. They will be perfectly paired with blazers and cardigans.

- The lacy one


This one is for the daring ladies who do not mind showing a bit (or a lot) of skin. This type of bodysuit is very sexy and remind me of lingerie. But you can also get a lacy one that is still very demure with opaque lining. It all depends on what you are comfortable with.



- The tank or tee



Want a nice tee or tank to wear with high waisted jeans that does not un-tuck? Get a bodysuit! It is so easy to dress up and down depending on the situation. Get several in versatile colors such as black, white, tan, navy and grey and build an entire wardrobe around them.

That is it for now. I already own several bodysuits and plan on getting more. But it sometimes tricky to find a bodysuit in my size. If you are a bit chubby like me, get bodysuits in stretchable fabrics. It is better that they come with shape-wear type of material to suck in all the extra Jelly.  I also recommend you stay away from bodysuit that do not come with snaps at the end; I am talking about the type that look like swimsuit. They are not very easy to remove when one wants to pee.

I leave you with a few examples on how to wear bodysuits:


Style Pantry



Lion Hunter


Befitting Style


Petite and Bold 


Comments

Popular Posts