Mumbai in Pictures

We went to Mumbai over the Independence day long week end. You can read about the trip here. But for now, I thought I would show you some interesting sights the city had to offer.

(Attention: most of these pics were taken from the car so the quality is poor)


Some old (colonial) building in the city center


View from our hotel's terrace



Haj Ali Mosque


A decorated tree inside the Mosque


No honking zone along Marine Drive (did not stop some)


Couples sitting along Marine Drive


Mosque in Crawford Market


and more...



 and more.


Some offerings washed on Chowpatty Beach


Looks like a Rakhi


View from Chowpatty Beach


A couple apparently talking about their dreams on the beach


Mumbai was an experience. I am not sure I like the city. Driving around was hectic; the city was humid and filled with people. It was overwhelming. The trip to this metropole made me realize that I am very happy not being a city girl. I prefer Pune and I find that I like the later better now that I have been to Mumbai. I am not saying that I will not be back but maybe next time I am there, I will enroll the help of an Indian friend who knows the city better than me (or my driver who boasted of living and driving a rickshaw in Mumbai but did not even know the main tourist traps or how to get there, le Sigh!)



Comments

Popular Posts